Transcript and mental status exam included
- View the case vignette video for a client in an intake session.
- Review the categories and descriptions found in a typical mental status examination. An example of a Mental Status Exam (MSE) is given below.
- Produce a report of the client’s mental status as assessed from the video.
- Include sufficient description of the client’s behaviors to support your statements.
- Based on your interpretation of the client’s mental status, recommend the level of therapy (i.e., outpatient, intensive outpatient, inpatient, etc.) for the client.
Your final product will be a Microsoft Word document, about 3 to 4 pages in length, and written in a clear, concise, and organized manner. The final document will include a completed mental status exam (MSE) template, along with a paper summary addressing the multipart components of the assignments.