Who must the allied health provider collaborate with (departments/persons) in order to ensure care is provided correctly and in a timely fashion?. Within your assigned Collaborative Learning Community (CLC), complete each of these specific tasks.
Review the “CLC Group Project Agreement” document.
Read the patient scenario in the “Allied Health Community” interactive learning media
Assign an allied health role (from among those profiled in the learning media) to each member of the CLC group.
Once each member of the group is assigned an allied health role, each member must consider and answer the following Key Questions from the perspective of the allied health provider they have been assigned:
1. What knowledge, skills, and approaches must the allied health provider employ in the care of the patient featured in the case study?
2. Who must the allied health provider collaborate with (departments/persons) in order to ensure care is provided correctly and in a timely fashion?
3. What negative outcomes will likely occur if the patient does not receive the care offered by the allied health provider?
As a CLC group, compile the individual responses to the three questions and create a PowerPoint presentation in which you:
1. Summarize the responses.
2. Define the concept of interprofessional collaboration.
3. Describe how collaborative approaches to healthcare results in positive patient outcomes.
4. Provide at least one clinical practice example from your own experience in which collaborative care was demonstrated, and describe how this collaboration affected patient care.