in at least 3 paragraphs for “each question” with a clear thesis statement answering the question with your argument, and at least 5 pieces of evidence (combined) in the body paragraphs (can be reference to specific events or people, not just generalizations).
- What does Moraley say about enslaved people and in what ways was Moraley’s experience as a servant similar or different from enslavement?
- Based on the Infortunate, and other readings, how did British people become indentured servants and what were their lives like in America?
- Why doesnâ€™t Moraleyâ€™s rise to prominence like Benjamin Franklin, and what do his struggles tell us about life in the colonies?
- How did economic class shape the lives of white colonists like Moraley? What do his experiences tell us about life for the poor in the 18th century colonies?
- William Moraley labels the American colonies “the best poor Man’s Country in the world” (53). Does Moraley’s journey as an indentured servant in the American colonies support this statement?