Reflective Journal 4: Art in Everyday Life
Due Week 7 and worth 40 points
Address these points:
- Describe the places you see art (sculpture, architecture, photography) in everyday life.
- Comment on the importance of art in everyday life.
- Discuss the importance of art to you personally.
Journals should be Â¾ to 1 page or 2 to 3 developed paragraphs.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the value of visual art for an individual and society.
- Analyze the essential relationship between any work of art and the various kinds of influences on the artist and audience that shape the interpretation of the art.
- Classify key artists and styles in the visual arts from the Impressionist period to the present.
- Describe the relationship between individual artistic expression and the cultural, social, political, and historical forces which give rise to these expressions.
- Write clearly and concisely about modern art using proper writing mechanics.