This individual essay is based on the material from this lessonâ€™s reading, “On the Folly of Rewarding A, While Hoping for B.” Your response should be a minimum of 500 words.
- First, explain Kerr’s main point in your own words. (For this purpose, do not quote directly from the article.)
- Then describe a situation you’ve seen in your own work or personal life that illustrates Kerr’s main point and answer the following questions:
- What was the desired outcome or result?
- What was the actual outcome or result?
- Where did the reward system go wrong? Use a theory from the motivation module to explain what went wrong.
- How would you fix the problem you identified? (There should be a connection to the theories outlined in the motivation module.)
Please make sure this is your own personal experience. And please make sure the behavior is actually a behavior and not an attitude, value, or perception. Also keep it to one behavior; avoid a cluster of behaviors.