For this week, you will finalize your Developmental Theory chart for submission. As you finalize your chart, consider the following:
- Identify who or what contributed to the development of the theory. Were there key researchers or seminal research that led to the theory?
- Record whether the theory emphasizes nature (biology), nurture (environment), or both.
- Identify whether the theory emphasizes cognitive, physical, or social-emotional development (or a combination of constructs).
- List specific ages or stages of development identified in the theory, or note that the theory marks development as continuous.
- List the primary characteristics or features of the theory (its key tenets and concepts). Be sure to include if a particular period of life is emphasized.
- List the noteworthy strengths and weaknesses of the theory.
- (Optional) Include any notes that you find helpful in understanding and applying the theory, such as potential contemporary themes or fields of research in which the theory could be applied.