Discussion Question: Week 4
For this week’s discussion, please read, “Cathedralâ€ found in your textbook on page 417.
This short story explores the problem of limiting people based on physical disability. As you read, consider how this literary work presents irony in a subtle way. In a response of 250 or more words, step into the role of the narrator and create a journal entry where you discuss the revelation you have experienced through the blind man.
Include a short quote from the text to support your insights. (Remember to create in-text citations in APA format and include a reference at the end of the post.)
“Reply” to at least three of your colleaguesâ€™ postings in one or more of the following suggested ways:
1. Ask a probing or clarifying question.
2. Share an insight from having read your colleagueâ€™s posting.
3. Offer, support, or challenge a position
4. Validate an idea with your own experience.
5. Expand on your colleagueâ€™s posting.
6. Ask for evidence that supports the posting.
You must respond to three classmates by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of Week 4.