Go to the WCU Library and search the database for the following article. Read the article, and then answer the questions that follow: (ARTICLE ATTACHED)
Soriano S., Alonso-Magdalena P., GarcÄ±a-Arevalo M., Novials A., & Muhammed S. J. (2012). Rapid insulinotropic action of low doses of Bisphenol-A on mouse and human islets of langerhans: Role of estrogen receptor b. PLoS ONE 7(2): e31109. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0031109
- What are the causes of type 2 diabetes?
- What is the relationship between insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia?
- What are endocrine disrupters and what are their functions in our body? Provide some examples.
- How does concentration of glucose effect insulin secretion?
- Explain how data from article support or refute the hypothesis that endocrine disrupters can change insulin secretion.
Be sure to cite the article in text. Paraphrase key points from the article that support your answers.