As a HIM professional, you will likely be in a position to identify fraudulent activities. Please read the information on the website: https://blog.cms.gov/2013/11/07/fighting-medicaid-fraud-waste-and-abuse-through-education/. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Using the tools from this class evaluate how a Health Information Management department manager can implement strategies to minimize fraud and abuse.
Please write a report (4-6 pages) that addresses the following items:
1. Determine how HIM professionals can prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse.
2. Find at least 5 new articles to identify areas that HIM teams have risk for fraud, waste and abuse to occur. You can use the CBC library (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.to find these articles.
3. Develop an education plan to decrease the risk of these errors happening in the HIM department you are managing.
4. Identify which roles would participate in a committee to move this initiative forward.
5. Develop 3 SMART goals to include when you roll out the education plan to your team.
6. Identify how you will keep employees motivated during the education program and through any changes they need to correct. Include how you will support your team if they identify and report fraud, waste, or abuse. Also, speak to what you would do if the response from other leaders is not receptive.
This is a 50 point project. Please provide references to support your response (up to 10 points will be deducted if there is not bibliography).]]>
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"