Purpose: Critically Analyze a Childrenâ€™s Math Book and discuss the effectiveness of the math teaching.
Directions: Find a childrenâ€™s book that teaches math concepts. Describe the kinds of math concepts that are being taught.
Answer the following questions:
- Are the concepts taught age appropriate?
- Is the material taught in an engaging and challenging manner?
- What are the benefits/limitations of learning math through childrenâ€™s books?
The 1 page (total) critique is due on June 2nd.
This is an individual assignment.
Possible Points: 5
How to Submit Assignment: Dropbox
Criteria for Evaluation: Assignments will be graded based on:
- Clarity answers
- Understanding of the concepts taught,
- Insights into the medium,
- program choice,
- Articulation of benefits of topic.
For each criterion either a 1 or 0 is possible for a total possible of 5 points. Each answer should be two to three sentences.